Sold $880,000 SOLD (List: 699K - Record sale in development) - Single Family Home
Perched among olive trees and redwoods on a pristinely landscaped hill, 84 Siena is a thoughtfully designed contemporary Mediterranean split-level home, centered around a circular staircase with rotunda ceiling. This charming and private 2,022-square-foot modern residence, on a gated road in Oakland’s Sequoyah neighborhood, features 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 2 outdoor terraces, and a cook’s kitchen with Italian gas stove.
Entering the house at the top level, you will immediately glimpse the bright curving staircase beckoning just beyond the tiled foyer to your left and the first en-suite bedroom cozily tucked away to your right. Light streams in through the arched high windows of the entry’s airy rotunda ceiling, while the stairs’ hardwood floors add a touch of elegance.
Moving down to the middle level, you will enter a spacious and welcoming kitchen, dining, and living area with vaulted ceilings and an open floor plan; facing the rear of the property from midway down the hillside, this smartly situated area gives a wonderful sense of privacy despite its ample light and windows. Large wood-framed sliding doors off the living room lead to a lovely terrace facing tranquility-inspiring redwood trees, making both the indoor and outdoor space perfect for parties or a weekend barbeque. A second bedroom, with adjoining full spa-inspired bath, is neatly nestled behind the staircase and has its own private outdoor terrace.
Continuing to the lower level, you will discover a third bedroom and full bath in addition to the private owner’s suite, which boasts acacia wood floors, a walk-in closet, and an elegant bathroom with jetted oval tub and separate glass-enclosed shower. The house abounds in subtly charming touches, including the etched-glass door to the kitchen pantry and display alcoves for showcasing art or flowers. The lower level also offers a laundry room with built-in drying racks and a basement room ideal for wine or other storage.
Conveniently located in Oakland’s Sequoyah neighborhood, just above Eastmont Hills and near the Leona Canyon Regional Open Preserve, 84 Siena offers a winning combination of easy access and the calm remove of a quiet gated drive. With its charming details and design, this cozy yet modern home offers today’s homebuyer an ideal base from which to explore the entire Bay Area.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 4-bedroom, 4-bath home in a beautiful gated community
• Conveniently located near the 580 freeway in the Siena Hill development of Oakland, with easy access to Google commuter buses directly across the street
• +/- 2,022 square-foot house on a manicured 10,000-square-foot lot
• Tri-level home centered around a charming circular staircase with rotunda ceiling
• Lovely open cook’s kitchen featuring a separate pantry, Bertazzoni gas stove with convection oven, Bosch refrigerator and dishwasher, and granite countertops
• Luxurious private master suite with acacia wood floors, private hallway, jetted oval tub, and walk-in closet
• Convenient basement for wine and other storage off lower level
• Separate laundry room with built-in drying racks
• Single-car garage with internal access and 2 additional off-street parking spaces
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Charming built-in alcoves for displaying art or flowers
• Central heating
• Double-paned windows
• Spacious landscaped lot complete with herbs, olive trees, and other edible landscaping
• Remote-controlled gas fireplace in living room
• 42-inch wall-mounted flat-screen television above living-room fireplace
• Hardwood floors in main level and master bedroom; new carpeting in lower level and bedrooms
• 2 attached outdoor terraces with glazed stamped concrete
• Security system and gated drive
• Homeowners’ Association covers all landscaping maintenance and exterior painting
• Built in 2008
84 Siena stands out for its captivating architectural details, elegant yet inviting common spaces, and thoughtful design. We invite you to come explore this lovely home.
See more at: 84-siena