Sold $825,000 SOLD (List: 549K) - Single Family Home
7975 Hillmont is a captivating 2+BD/1BA Craftsman home featuring wide-open Bay views, a spacious and gorgeously landscaped back yard and garden, a newly renovated kitchen and bathroom, and its own adjoining additional undeveloped lot. Nestled among trees and flowers in Oakland’s Eastmont Hills, this property is a true urban retreat right in the heart of Oakland.
This home’s back deck offers sweeping views of the Bay, particularly beautiful at sunset, and of the home’s verdant garden and the adjoining undeveloped land below. In the distance, you can see Downtown San Francisco and the new Bay Bridge, and just below the deck, a lovely green lawn and garden spreading out before you. Lush foliage and flowering shrubs, a spacious grassy area, and eucalyptus and oak trees frame the resplendent scene. It is easy to forget you are in a city.
This wonderful Craftsman-era home retains many of its original interior period details, including its beautiful oak hardwood floors and wood-burning fireplace, in addition to its fabulous new kitchen and bathroom. The kitchen, which adjoins the common rooms in an open floor plan, features a brand-new refrigerator and five-burner gas range, porcelain-enamel sink, lovely marbled subway tile backsplash, quartz counters, Bay views, and bar seating. The bathroom brims with retro style; with chic side-by-side sinks and matching mirrors and sublime warm gray subway tiling, it personifies functional elegance.
In addition to the kitchen and bath, this home boasts two beautiful bedrooms and a bonus room with its own separate outdoor entrance. A laundry room is conveniently located just off the kitchen, and the house has ample storage throughout. Natural light streams into the home from the updated Marvin dual-pane windows and the glorious full-length front window. The house also offers ample additional storage in its spacious, full basement and detached single-car garage, both of which are easily accessed from the back garden.
With its well-appointed and renovated interior spaces and its luscious, expansive outdoor areas and views, 7975 Hillmont sparkles with personality. Offering easy access to I-580 and the greater Bay Area, this beautiful urban gem is not to be missed.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 2+BD/1BA craftsman house on a tranquil street with views of the Golden Gate, San Francisco Bay, and San Mateo bridges, and downtown San Francisco
• +/-1100-square-foot house on a spacious and beautifully landscaped +/-7700-square-foot lot with adjoining undeveloped +/-6300-square-foot parcel
• Lovely single-level home retaining all of its original early-twentieth-century charm
• Newly remodeled kitchen featuring brand-new quartz countertops, 5-burner gas range, bar seating, marbled subway tile, porcelain-enamel sink, and delightful garden and Bay views
• Convenient laundry room just off kitchen
• Beautiful and newly remodeled dual-sink bathroom with brand-new tub
• Oak hardwood floors throughout and carpet in bonus office room
• Deck with Bay views off the kitchen
• Wood-burning fireplace
• Central heating with new high-efficiency furnace
• Marvin dual-pane windows throughout
• Seismic upgrade
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Full basement
• Separate single-car garage, driveway, and off-street parking
• On-demand hot water heater
• New roof (2016)
• Built in 1940
7975 Hillmont is a lovely home offering stunning Bay views, a spacious and gorgeously landscaped back yard and garden, a brand-new kitchen and newly remodeled bathroom, and an adjoining additional wooded parcel. We warmly invite you to come explore this delightful home.
See more at: 7975-hillmont