Sold $1,355,000 SOLD (List: 1.095M) - Single Family Home
Dramatically situated in the Montclair Hills, 6639 Colton is a splendid marriage of luxury and Mid-century design. At 2,208 square feet, this 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath showpiece boasts breathtaking views and modern amenities. The stone fireplace illuminates the open floor plan in the evening and serves as a warm centerpiece for intimate gatherings as you soak in the exquisite tableau outside through walls of windows. Spa-like bathrooms afford at-home opportunities to disengage from the stresses of modern living. Four bedrooms offer privacy and flexibility as each occupies a corner of its own. The stage is set for an exceptional life.
Highlights at a Glance
• Chic 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath Montclair home with sweeping Bay views
• Located in a gorgeous private neighborhood, near the weekly Montclair Village Farmer’s Market, sought-after schools, and upscale dining/shopping
• Gourmet cook’s kitchen features granite countertops, exceptionally spacious Viking refrigerator, Thermador gas range/oven, KitchenAid dishwasher, 2 wine refrigerators, and a kitchen island with built-in microwave
• $30,000 in landscaping improvements
• Downstairs bathroom features marble tiling, flat screen television, rotating towel rack, and shower with attached dual heads, handheld head, and 2 adjustable jets
• All new double glazed windows (with the exception of the large west-facing window) and sliders on main level installed for $13,000 in 2014
• All new double glazed clerestory windows installed in 2012
• New 2015 overhead garage door and opener along with new garage entry door
• Air conditioning
• Designer Hubbardton Forge lighting
• Recently upgraded gas fireplace in living room
• Newer carpeting and fresh paint throughout
• HardiePlank siding exterior
• Newly renovated windows and window coverings
• Trex deck balcony with wire railing
• Terraced garden features tomatoes, basil, lemons, and oranges
• Detached garage and driveway parking
As you enter the home, you’re greeted by a sleek glass and steel stairwell leading up to the open living room, dining area, decks and designer kitchen. The rooms are bathed in natural light with vaulted ceilings and transom windows to the north. Sweeping Bay views are the central attraction through a wall of windows to the south, as well as a modern gas fireplace with stone hearth and designer Hubbardton Forge lighting.
Anchoring the loft-like top floor is the gourmet kitchen at one end with its ample cabinetry,, a sizeable stainless steel refrigerator, KitchenAid dishwasher, Thermador gas range/oven, dual wine refrigerators, and spacious central island with granite countertops and built-in microwave.
Level-out decks stretch beyond the living room and dining area featuring a treetop view of the bay and surrounding cities. This dynamic vista captures a bird’s eye view of the ever-changing moods of the Bay—with scenes of the cool fog rolling in over the water and Bay Bridge lights at nighttime.
A half level down features two bedrooms: the first is currently configured as a self-contained home office and the second as a game room with wall nook, built-in shelving, and sliding glass door that leads to the pavered patio area out front. The two bedrooms are separated by the first renovated full bath, which features a deep soaking tub and stylish vessel sink. A rainfall showerhead gracefully extends from the ceiling above the tub.
Follow the stairs down to the lowest level, where you’ll find the master suite. This bedroom features a deep closet with plenty of storage and a full, renovated split bath. This spa- like bath boasts a vessel sink, marble tiling, a flat screen television, rotating towel rack, and a luxury shower with attached dual heads, handheld head, and two adjustable jets.
A laundry room sits adjacent to the master suite, with LG washer and dryer and contemporary overhead cabinetry. An additional bedroom suite lies beyond the laundry room, and features its own partial bath.
With awe-inspiring views of the surrounding bay and intelligent design elements, 6639 Colton is a dream home in a private, natural setting. Off-street parking is available in the expansive driveway and two-car detached garage. The terraced backyard offers horticulturalists a chance to cultivate their dream garden alongside the already thriving tomatoes, basil, lemons, and oranges. With Montclair Village shopping and dining opportunities, sought-after schools, and numerous hiking trails all within reach, 6639 Colton is a lifestyle residence ready to be savored.
See more at: 6639-colton