Sold $1,280,000 SOLD (List: 1.095M) - Single Family Home
6 Jouett is a beautiful contemporary Mediterranean 4-bedroom, 3-bath home on a quiet tree-lined street, wrapped around an elegant outdoor courtyard and filled with natural light and subtly classic architectural details. Conveniently close to downtown Oakland and the Webster Street Tube, the new Alameda Landing, and the San Francisco ferry, this tranquil, modern, and spacious residence brims with charm.
Natural light streams into the bright and welcoming entryway from high windows above you to your left and French doors just ahead and to your right. Continuing to the central living area, the ingenious design of this property will delight you as you encounter the outdoor flagstone courtyard. Framed on two sides by the elegant formal living room and the ground-floor bedroom (or private office, should you desire), the patio also has beautiful French doors opening onto the gracefully appointed formal dining room. Perfect for visiting around a firepit, throwing an evening cocktail party with friends, or enjoying a quiet outdoor meal, the patio ushers in light and tranquility.
This home offers many wonderful design touches throughout, including custom crown moldings, custom 2-inch white blinds, and hickory hardwood floors. The modern granite-countered chef’s kitchen boasts a large eat-in island (which includes a vegetable sink) and an adjoining bright garden breakfast nook. An additional outdoor patio area nestles beyond the kitchen, the ideal place to fire up the grill for an afternoon barbecue. The owner’s suite walk-in closet has custom cabinetry. The great room features a wood-burning fireplace and built-in media cabinet, with an ideal layout that opens to the chef’s kitchen, allowing for friendly socializing while you cook.
Upstairs, you will find two delightful bedrooms with shared dual-sink bathroom, a convenient laundry room with built-in sink and energy-star washer and dryer, and the spacious owner’s suite, whose bathroom features an over-sized jetted tub, glass-enclosed shower, separate quarter bath, built-in vanity, and two sinks. In keeping with the thoughtful design of the house, the upstairs hallway boasts a waist-high built-in linen cupboard and a wall of windows overlooking the neighboring rooftops, making it extra-bright and cheery.
6 Jouett is a wonderful modern home full of subtle surprises, conveniently located on a quiet tree-lined street with easy access to the greater Bay Area. From its serene central patio to its elegant living spaces to its stylish owner’s suite, it joyfully welcomes you.
Highlights at a Glance:
- 4-bedroom, 3-bath contemporary mediterranean house on a tranquil tree-lined street
- Conveniently located in Alameda’s Bayport neighborhood close to the new Alameda Landing, with easy access to the Webster Street Tube, Downtown Oakland, transbay buses, SF ferry, and I-880
- +/-2500 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped +/-4000-square-foot lot
- Spacious open kitchen with granite countertops, 5-burner gas range, two convection ovens, built-in microwave, Bosch dishwasher, dual-compartment sink, chef’s island, and garden breakfast nook
- Living room with wood-burning fireplace, built-in media cabinet, and glass door to enclosed outdoor patio
- Enclosed tiled flagstone courtyard patio directly accessible from the dining room, living room, and ground-floor bedroom/private office
- Private master suite with wall-mounted flat-screen television, walk-in closet, over-sized, jetted tub, built-in bathroom vanity, separate ¼ bath, and glass-enclosed shower
- Convenient laundry room with Energy Star washer and dryer
- Custom crown moldings and 2-inch white blinds throughout
- Hickory hardwood floors throughout
- Dual-zone ceiling central heating
- Dual-paned windows and Anderson French doors
- Bedroom and hall closets throughout
- Attached 2-car garage and street parking
- Security system
- Built in 2006
6 Jouett is a wonderfully modern and well-appointed home with a distinctly classic feel. With its elegant interior patio, ample natural light, graceful architectural details, and tranquil setting, it perfectly embodies the liveability and inviting small-town feel of Alameda. We warmly encourage you to come explore this delightful home.
See more at: 6-Jouett