Sold $1,120,000 SOLD (List: 995K) - Single Family Home
Centrally located in wonderful Rockridge mere blocks from College Avenue, Rockridge BART, the Elmwood, and the Temescal lies 5572 Claremont Avenue: an enchanting urban/suburban 3-bedroom Craftsman gem brimming with retro charm.
Entering this lovely home from the sunny street, you find yourself immediately captivated by the home’s natural warmth and graceful lines. From the vestibule, a wide doorway framed by stylish tapered white trim ushers you into the spacious living room. Pristine architectural details, including original windows and ceiling decorations, abound. A beautiful wood-burning fireplace anchors the room. Sensuous dark-stained oak floors lend elegance, while the room’s comfortingly human yet generous proportions make it cozy and welcoming.
Continuing through to the bright and sunny dining room, your eyes alight on a stunning full-wall leaded-glass built-in china cupboard and buffet, complete with original center windows.
A laundry cove and ¼ bath are neatly tucked away behind the newly refreshed kitchen with brand-new quartz counters, a Kitchen Aid stove, new hood, and wood cabinets. Just off the laundry area, a door opens conveniently onto the spacious fenced backyard, a wonderful setting for an afternoon barbecue.
Even this home’s handsome staircase embodies its beguiling personality; with wide curved stairs at the bottom and adorable white vintage uprights supporting its dark wooden banister, it beckons you to the three upstairs bedrooms. Each bedroom offers ample closet space, and the delightful upstairs bathroom features a clawfoot tub and tiled vintage shower.
Centrally located with easy access to all major freeways, 5572 Claremont is also a stone’s throw from Star Grocery, Frog Park, Market Hall, the Sunday Temescal Farmers’ Market, and hip Rockridge and Temescal shopping and restaurants. From this beautifully appointed classic home, you truly have the very best of Oakland at your fingertips.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3-bedroom, 1.25-bath classic Craftsman home
• Conveniently located in Rockridge near Rockridge BART, College Avenue, Temescal, Elmwood and Frog Park
• +/-1800 square-foot house on a lovely 3800-square-foot lot
• Two-story home retaining its original early-twentieth-century charm
• Beautifully preserved built-in original leaded-glass dining-room china cupboard and buffet, wood-burning fireplace, and other vintage features
• Original architectural detailing and hard and softwood floors throughout
• Stylish, updated kitchen featuring quartz countertops, breakfast bar Kitchen Aid gas stove and new hood, and charming retro-style cabinets
• Convenient laundry area and ¼ bath just off kitchen
• Charming upstairs full bath with vintage clawfoot tub and separate tiled shower
• Generous bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Additional basement storage space
• Central heating
• Detached single-car garage
• Multi-car driveway and ample street parking
• Enclosed private backyard
• Built in 1916
From its incredible central location to its timeless architectural style, 5572 Claremont is quintessential Rockridge. We invite you to come experience the comfort and charm of this delightful home.
See more at: 5572-claremont