Sold $985,000 SOLD (List 799K - a record sale for the neighborhood) - Single Family Home
Interior photos removed at the request of the Buyers
Beautifully situated at the end of a desirable cul-de-sac on the edge of Leona Canyon Regional Preserve, 4981 Stoneridge is a tastefully updated Oakland Hills home set against a stunning natural backdrop. This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath Ridgemont contemporary features private landscaped grounds (over half an acre!) overlooking endless oak savannah, meadow and chapparel lining the majestic setting. This property has direct access to the Pyrite Trail that leads you for miles through the canyon preserve.
With updated stainless steel appliances, soaring ceilings in the living room, unobstructed canyon views from the master bedroom, three-car garage, and quick access to the East Bay’s fine amenities, 4981 Stoneridge is an enticing home in Oakland’s upscale hillside neighborhood.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath Ridgemont home situated at the end of a desirable cul-de-sac
• Built in 1988
• 2,190 square feet on a huge lot of over ½ an acre
• Large, formal entry with hardwood floors
• Spacious living room with vaulted ceiling and gorgeous, large windows that provide tons of natural light and a tranquil view of the natural surroundings
• Fully updated cook’s kitchen featuring black quartz countertops, breakfast bar, greenhouse window with canyon views, Whirlpool oven and microwave wall combination, and stainless steel appliances (French door refrigerator, dishwasher, and cooktop)
• Open, yet cozy, family room adjacent to kitchen with fireplace
• Formal dining room off kitchen opens up to spacious deck (ideal for oiutdoor entertaining and meals)
• Winding romantic garden paths and drought-tolerant landscaped areas lead to a Zen-like seated patio area
• Garden features fruit trees (apple, plum and orange), roses, and lavender
• Master bedroom with vaulted ceiling, walk-in closet, and private balcony overlooking canyon
• Updated 5-piece master bath features a glass-encased shower, dual vanities and a deep soaking tub with a view
• Attached 3-car garage with automatic door opener and internal access
• Washer and dryer in laundry room adjacent to garage
As you approach the home, you’re greeted by striking blue skies stretched across the neighboring canyon. 4981 Stoneridge is a private, peaceful retreat set at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac. The sprawling grounds and lovely garden are tucked behind a fence on the street side and cradled by Leona Canyon on the opposite end.
The home’s entrance opens into the living room and eat-in kitchen/family room on the right. The large wall of windows creates a peaceful, bright, and inviting atmosphere. As you proceed to the kitchen, you find chic black quartz countertops, ample cabinetry, a breakfast bar, greenhouse window over sink, a Whirlpool oven/microwave wall combination, and stainless steel French door refrigerator, KitchenAid dishwasher, and Kenmore Elite gas range cooktop.
Beyond the kitchen lies the dining area. This space connects to the back deck, which features a gorgeous view of the lush foliage growing along the hillside. The deck is perfect for entertaining guests at backyard barbeques or for lounging in the sunshine on a warm summer day.
Additional features of the first level include a partial bath with quartz countertops, a laundry room with washer and dryer, and an attached 3-car garage with recently upgraded garage doors, automatic opener and internal access.
Heading upstairs on the open staircase with newly installed Berber carpet, enjoy the vaulted ceilings of the living room and the wall of windows offering gorgeous outdoor views. The spacious upstairs master bedroom features its own private deck and walk-in closet, as well as a private master bath boasting dual vanities, glass-encased shower, and a separate bathtub with designer stone tiling.
As you leave the master bedroom and head down the hall, the second full bath is on your right after you pass the top of the stairs. Pass the storage closet on the left to encounter the sizable second and third bedrooms, which are found at the end of the hall. These bedrooms complete the upstairs level and the natural flow of the house.
At 2,190 square feet, 4981 Stoneridge is a tastefully renovated home with deluxe amenities and intelligent design. Out the back fence of the property you can access Leona Canyon Regional Open Space Preserve. Other nearby hiking opportunities abound: Joaquin Miller Park, Sequoia Point, and Anthony Chabot Regional Park to name just a few.
Experience the best that East Bay living has to offer while enjoying the privacy and breathtaking natural beauty of the Ridgemont neighborhood. Downtown Oakland is just minutes away from this canyon hideaway. For the commuter, the nearest BART is only 5 miles away as well as a nearby Oakland Hills Commuter Bus Stop for the Google Bus. Whether you’re a nature lover or simply seeking refuge from busy city living, 4981 Stoneridge is the perfect sanctuary.
See more at: 4981-stoneridge