Active $749,000 List Price - Single Family Home
3718 Maple is an immaculate and spacious late-1920’s split-level Tudor-style home in Oakland’s burgeoning Upper Dimond neighborhood. This cheerful and perfectly proportioned property offers several bonus spaces in addition to its ample living space. Bordered by camellias and a lovely private back garden, this beautifully maintained home features pristine hardwood floors, a renovated kitchen and baths, and enchanting vintage touches throughout. This ultra-charming residence truly has it all.
On the main level, the elegant living room centers around a gorgeous original wood-burning fireplace with a sweeping tapered chimney. The graceful front windows, one large pane framed by smaller panes, set a tone at once warm and refined. The splendid dining room opens through a wide archway onto the living room and showcases a stylish period chandelier and original architectural details.
The efficient and bright updated chef’s kitchen features 1920’s-style counter-to-ceiling white wooden cabinets, sparkling new quartz countertops, energy-efficient appliances, a five-burner gas stove, and a beautiful gray tiled floor. The adorable breakfast room, with a wall of windows to let in the morning light, a convenient chalkboard wall at child-level, and two vintage built-in floor-to-ceiling corner cabinets, is the perfect place to start the day.
In addition to three lovely bedrooms and a beautifully updated full bath, the upstairs areas feature a convenient hall laundry chute and a large and easily accessed walk-in attic that could potentially be integrated into the house’s living space. The lower level opens directly onto the tranquil back garden and terrace and features a private bonus room, full bath, and laundry room with a half stove, sink, and small refrigerator perfect for outdoor entertaining. The property also boasts two other special extra surprises: a back shed that would make a perfect art studio or meditation space and an attached garage workshop room off the laundry room.
3718 Maple is ideally situated in a warm and welcoming residential neighborhood close to the 580 corridor, San Francisco transbay bus, nearby cafés, and many other wonderful amenities.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3-bedroom, 2-bath classic 1920’s house on a tranquil tree-lined street
• Conveniently located in the Upper Dimond neighborhood of Oakland near Macarthur Blvd shops and amenities, the 580 freeway, and the San Francisco transbay bus
• +/-1500 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 3400-square-foot lot
• Pristine split-level home with ample attic storage and additional bonus spaces on lower level and in back garden
• Beautifully preserved original hardwood floors, period window moldings, light fixtures, wood-burning fireplace, and other vintage features
• Bright and airy kitchen featuring energy-efficient appliances, quartz countertops, vintage-style counter-to-ceiling wood cabinets, 5-burner gas stove, and tile flooring
• Separate breakfast room with charming vintage built-in corner cabinets and child-height chalkboard wall
• Additional bonus office or guest room on lower level
• Additional bonus attached garage/workshop room on lower level
• Hall laundry chute and laundry room with energy-efficient washer-dryer
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Outdoor separate shed, ideal for storage or to use as a workshop or art studio
• Driveway and ample street parking
• Enclosed private back garden with stone patio
• Dual-zone heating
• Some dual-paned windows
• Home security system
• Full seismic upgrade
• New sewer lateral
• Built in 1928
3718 Maple is gorgeous vintage home perfectly suited for modern living. With its winning combination of classic elegance, ample bonus space, and easy access to the rest of the Bay Area, it is not to be missed. We invite you to come explore this warm and delightful home.
See more at: 3718-maple