Sold $2,400,000 Sold Price (List 2.75M) - Single Family Home
Perched on the edge of a private bluff, surrounded by level-out patios, a Zen garden, and lushly landscaped terraces, this 3++BD, 3.5BA contemporary masterpiece by notable architect Alexandra Martynetz is a one-of-a-kind, 5 bridge view home located in the hills above the Claremont Hotel in surprising proximity to College Avenue and Rockridge BART.
It is a rare home that can genuinely cater to the many moods and moments of our complex lives. 34 Stephens Way delivers with its gracious, gently changing floor plan; providing grand scale and intimate spaces in equal measure, enhanced at every turn by extraordinary San Jose to Sonoma views and the ever-changing backdrop of the San Francisco Bay.
Built in 2003 utilizing the finest materials and workmanship, this architecturally dramatic, light-drenched home enjoys the finest amenities one expects from a world-class executive retreat. Approximately 4755 square feet of extraordinary living space is enhanced by tasteful architectural details and finishes from gleaming Brazilian cherry flooring to soaring open spaces; from sensuously curved walls to the custom built-ins that create function from their form. Every meticulous detail has been thoughtfully and elegantly crafted to provide not just a warm and practical living space, but a work of art.
Some of the outstanding features of this property include:
- Open gourmet cook’s kitchen with high-end professional-grade stainless appliances, exquisite granite counters, custom curved cherry wood cabinets and 5-burner gas cooktop
- Dedicated wine storage area with Viking professional 150 bottle capacity refrigerator and 3 climate zones
- Dramatically curved formal dining room with custom built-ins, art alcoves, custom colored cement floor, and exceptional views
- Spacious living room with Bay views and dramatic fireplace
- Expansive, flexible recreation/media wing with custom built-in large screen media center and separate entrance (possible in-law apartment or au-pair). Pool table and big screen TV may be included in sale.
- Expansive master suite with spectacular Bay views, dramatic fireplace, sitting area, private balcony, large walk-in closets
- Spa-like master bath with two-person Jacuzzi tub with views, oversized multi-head steam shower and custom tile work
- Professionally landscaped by Janet Gracyk (Landscape Architect) at Terra Cognita Landscape; double-terraced yard with multi-zone irrigation system and industrial timer
- Large two-car garage with storage cabinets, epoxy-coated floor and internal access
- Multiple view patios and level yard areas with external access from nearly every room
- Hidden photo-voltaic solar system (installed by Peterson Dean has generated 30Mw of electricity; peak production is over 5Mw)
- Integrated, in-wall stereo speakers throughout; multiple zones
- High tech video surveillance system (8 cameras including high sensitivity infrared camera at front door with remote access via phone or tablet)
- Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring
- Dedicated laundry room with high-end washer and dryer
- Security alarm and fire alert systems
- Built-in gas grill on patio
- Copy-proof keys for security locks on all doors
- Large capacity safe, bolted to floor in locked closet
- Custom-built garage storage cabinets and ceiling racks by Premier Garage, including custom floor coating