Sold $2,800,000 SOLD (List: 1.995M - 800K+ over list price!) - Single Family Home
Brilliantly situated on one of Elmwood’s most coveted streets near College Avenue and the Claremont Hotel, 2900 Russell is a recently remodeled, turn-of-the-century Craftsman-era home at the corner of Pine. This impressive 3,119 square foot* residence boasts 4+ bedrooms, 2 full baths, 2 partial baths, a gorgeously finished attic with walk-in storage, partial basement, 2-car garage… and a whopping $1.4+ million in recent renovations and energy-efficient systems upgrades.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 4+ bedroom, 4 bath home on one of Elmwood’s most coveted streets
• +/- 3,119 square feet per public records (*all attic spaces may not appear in public square footage, may add an additional +/- 500 square feet to total)
• A cook’s, eat-in kitchen featuring state-of-the art appliances with beautiful retro style coverings, Heath Ceramics tile finishes, custom lighting and cabinetry, 40” counters, spacious pantry, period telephone, and swiveling flat screen television
• 4 remodeled baths with custom finishes and Heath Ceramics tiling
• High-efficiency hydroponic and radiant heating with energy-efficient Nest Learning Thermostat
• Radiant heat floors in kitchen and breakfast room
• Grand clinker brick fireplace in formal living room
• Dual staircases
• Wired with Cat 5 cables; 1 GB router
• New roof
• New sewer lateral
• New electrical and plumbing throughout including new main electrical panel
• Extensive seismic retrofit and sump pump
• New insulation throughout
• Drainage and irrigation systems in surrounding yards (1.5 feet of crushed rock under the patio for drainage)
• Master bedroom features spacious walk-in closet with Elfa closet system
• Laundry room on bedroom level with Bosch washer/dryer and a lovely balcony overlooking the backyard with drying rack
• Trex deck patio, barbeque, and gas hook-up in backyard
• Detached 2-car garage
• Security system and cameras
• Property is elegantly gated, private, and secure
• Built in 1915
2900 Russell is distinguished by its location, elegant design (in keeping with its heritage), and a marvelous list of modern amenities providing comfort and convenience while inspiring the senses. No expense has been spared.
From the paved exterior walkway and patio, one enters a spacious foyer with classic oak hardwood flooring and a gorgeous period staircase with landing. A formal living room sits to the right enjoying a grand clinker brick fireplace, built-in shelving, and walls of windows overlooking the front gardens. A formal dining room sits to the left with leaded glass built-in china cabinets, a stylish schoolhouse ceiling lamp, and swinging doors that lead into the cook’s kitchen and sitting room.
As you enter the eat-in kitchen, you’ll notice striking and playful details such as the state-of-the-art appliances with chic vintage coverings, Heath Ceramics tile finishes, custom lighting and cabinetry, a marvelous pantry, breakfast bar, a period telephone, and a swiveling flat-screen television. The 40” wood counters provide an ergonomically pleasurable cooking experience and a second staircase accesses the bedrooms above.
Follow a short set of stairs down to the lower level, and you’ll find a charming and chic partial bath (with jade green marmoleum and Heath Ceramics tiling) en route to a partial basement and workshop area housing the many recent systems and seismic upgrades in the home.
Upstairs on the second level are four spacious bedrooms. The master bedroom features a fantastic walk-in closet with Elfa built-in storage for clothing, shoes, hats, and bags. Across the hallway, there’s a master split bathroom that features a bathing area separate from the rest of the facilities, which include dual sinks and an adjustable, space-efficient towel rack.
The end of the hallway on this level leads to a laundry room with a sink, Bosch washer and dryer, and cabinets. A sliding door opens to reveal a balcony with a drying rack.
Follow the staircase up to a strikingly spacious third level, where you’ll discover a recreational loft space that might serve as a wonderful entertainment area/family room. The first door on the left leads to an office or bonus room. Another adjacent room might serve as an artist’s workshop or guest bedroom including a contemporary sink. A walk-in attic (with cooling attic fan) completes the highest level with a contemporary and convenient half bath.
The backyard is a lushly landscaped retreat with a brick patio, Trex deck, and barbeque with a built-in gas hookup. Off-street parking is available in the two-car garage.
There is a reason why the Elmwood has become the East Bay’s premier accessible neighborhood. With its close proximity to downtown Berkeley, Rockridge BART, and various commuter options, getting about is pleasing and easy. Within steps of world-class restaurants and shops, movies, cafes as well as the Claremont Hotel & Spa and the Berkeley Tennis Club, 2900 Russell is the perfect portal to the finest offerings of the East Bay—luxurious and stylish while remaining true to its original splendor. 2900 Russell is Berkeley at its best.
See more at: 2900-russell