Sold $1,325,000 SOLD (List: 799K) - Single Family Home
Ideally situated in Alameda’s coveted Fernside neighborhood, 2823 Central is an architecturally rich 3+BD/2BA Tudor-style home with spacious undeveloped attic, beautiful original detailing, and vintage flair. This 1920’s home, conveniently located on a sycamore-lined street near several of Alameda’s most sought-after schools, offers a brilliant combination of proximity and period charm.
Entering the residence, you will find yourself in a welcoming foyer with the spacious living and dining rooms to your right and the first of the three bedrooms conveniently tucked away to your left. The entryway, living room, and formal dining room set a classic tone: Matchstick oak hardwood floors with mahogany inlay, wood-burning fireplace, built-in vintage fold-out desk and wall display shelves, niched ceilings, original decorative wall ornamentations, and period wall sconces showcase the irresistible elegance of late-1920’s architectural style.
Adjoining the dining room is the airy retro-style kitchen. Combining utility with a vintage feel, the kitchen offers a gas range, ample built-in storage, and direct access to the bright and welcoming breakfast nook. Featuring an original built-in china cupboard and windows and connecting to the front hall, this convenient and cheerful room is the perfect place to start your day.
Upstairs, you will find two additional bedrooms with original wall sconces and crown moldings; the captivating vintage-style bathroom, which features playful retro tiling and a built-in cupboard; and a large finished attic room that would make a perfect family room, office and/or guest room. In addition to its living spaces, this home boasts a roomy finished basement for storage, detached 2-car garage, long driveway, and vast undeveloped secondary attic area that could potentially be developed into whatever your imagination desires (please verify with City of Alameda).
2823 Central embodies a winning combination of convenience and period charm, right in the heart of one of Alameda’s most sought-after neighborhoods near Edison and Otis Elementary, Lincoln Middle, and Alameda High Schools. With its elegant public areas, lovely vintage styling, and vast undeveloped space, this is a home not to be missed. We warmly invite you to come experience this delightful home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 3+BD/2BA Tudor-style 1920’s home on one of Alameda’s most coveted streets
• Beautifully situated in Alameda’s Fernside neighborhood near downtown Oakland, the Alameda/San Francisco ferry, I-880, and Park Street restaurants and amenities
• Close to Edison and Otis elementary schools, Lincoln Middle School, and Alameda High School
• 2090 square-foot house on a 5500 square-foot landscaped lot
• Beautifully preserved original period details, including matchstick oak hardwood floors with mahogany inlay, a sloped wood-burning fireplace, a built-in vintage fold-out desk and wall display shelves, niched ceilings, original decorative wall ornamentations, built-in cabinetry, and period wall sconces
• Formal living and dining rooms
• Bright and airy vintage-style kitchen with gas range, ample storage, and adjoining cheerful breakfast nook with built-in china cupboard
• Spacious upstairs bonus room, perfect for an office, family room, or guest room
• Vast additional undeveloped attic space that could potentially be integrated into the home to greatly expand the living space (please check with the City of Alameda)
• Large finished basement for storage
• Ample hall and bedroom storage
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Updated plumbing and 200-amp wiring
• Dual-zone central heating
• Dual-paned windows
• Full seismic upgrade
• Detached 2-car garage and additional off-street parking
• Private back and side yard
• Built in 1927
2823 Central is a 1920’s gem right in the heart of one of Alameda’s most desirable neighborhoods. With its elegant vintage styling, vast undeveloped space, and easy proximity to the rest of the Bay Area, 2823 Central embodies an irresistible combination of charm and convenience.