Sold $1,295,000 SOLD (List: 1.295M) - Single Family Home
Experience the thoughtfully crafted balance of indoor/outdoor living in this showpiece home that blends gracefully with its inspiring surroundings. 2740 Filbert is a luxurious Mid-century 4 bedroom, 3 bath home in the desirable Northgate neighborhood of Walnut Creek. The spacious 2,771 square feet carry you effortlessly from a generous open plan to an expansive and inviting landscape. Open the wide French doors on a gorgeous spring day to see the blossoming fruit trees or admire the view through the grand arched windows in the spectacular great room. The boundaries between interior and exterior dissolve as you look out and then explore the built-in outdoor grill area, patio, and beautiful yard with a fenced vegetable garden awaiting your green thumb and imagination.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 4 bedroom, 3 bath mid-century home in Walnut Creek
• 2,771 square feet
• Built in 1966
• Kitchen features granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, ample cabinetry, two pantries, breakfast bar, breakfast area/coffee bar with sideboard, and a large kitchen island with sink
• Incredible great room with grand arched windows, vaulted ceiling, river rock gas fireplace, built-ins, work center, and French doors to backyard
• Wood burning fireplace in the great room and gas fireplace in the living room
• Spacious master suite
• Walk-in and cedar floor closets
• Built-in backyard barbeque space with sink
• Irrigation system and timer (replaced in 2015)
• Newer HVAC/AC and water heater (less than 3 years old)
• Asbestos removal throughout home
• Upgraded raised panel solid core doors with stainless steel hardware throughout
• Dual-paned windows throughout
• Spacious laundry room with skylights and storage can double as paint or crafts studio (a special cabinet designed to organize paints, brushes, and other supplies)
• Attached two-car garage with internal access
• Backyard features sprawling lawn, vegetable garden side yard, compost space and large tool shed
• Garden features roses, rosemary, and a shady oak tree
• Fruit trees include: cherry, plum, peach, apricot, orange, lemon, apple and fruitless mulberries that providing lovely shade in the summer
• Close proximity to Oak Grove Swim & Tennis Club (just a few doors down to this sought-after aquatic center), Heather Farm Park, Oak Grove Plaza Shopping Center, Trader Joe’s, high ranking schools, North Gait Equestrian Center and a new Whole Foods (with its grand opening in November)
The elegant red front doors open to reveal an inviting brick entryway—with the formal living and dining rooms to the left, and ground floor bedroom to the right.
The living room is a gracious space with wood-burning fireplace and picture window that flows into the dining room with oak hardwood flooring. The bedroom enjoys convenient access to the remodeled downstairs full bath with granite countertops, travertine floors, and a walk-in shower with glass door.
Proceed through the hallway to find the fantastic eat-in, cook’s kitchen, complete with granite countertops, ample cabinetry, two pantries, stainless steel state-of-the-art appliances, warming shelves, arched breakfast bar, recessed lighting, a large island with appliance garage, and a separate breakfast area with built-in sideboard/coffee bar featuring sink, prep area and cabinetry.
The kitchen leads into the adjacent great room — the heart of the home — boasting a grand river rock fireplace, built-in shelving/cabinetry, a built-in work center, gaming cabinet, electronically controlled skylights, ceiling fans, and a wall of wide arched windows bathing the room in natural light. The indoor/outdoor flow of this space is excellent, as the French doors can be opened to expand the living area into the outdoor patio space.
A washer and dryer are included in the spacious laundry room with two skylights and generous counter/workspace. This room enjoys a sink and excellent storage, including deep cabinets and a special cabinet designed to organize paints, brushes, and other supplies as the space might double as a painting or craft studio. Also, four large pullout bins have been designed for sorting laundry loads (i.e. delicates, colors, whites, heavy duty). Beyond the laundry room lies the two-car garage with internal access and automatic garage door opener.
Upstairs one finds the spacious master suite and two additional bedrooms all grounded with oak hardwood floors. The master suite features a transition area with golden oak vanity, a niched ceiling, a convenient walk-in closet, and a large bathroom with walk-in glass shower, travertine floors, and a tiled wall niche. The first corner bedroom overlooks the neighborhood foliage, while the second of the three overlooks the downstairs patio and garden. Across the hallway you’ll find a third full bath with natural cherry wood cabinetry, travertine floors, shower/tub combination and granite countertops.
The sprawling backyard is perfect for gardeners and grill masters alike. The white French doors of the great room open to reveal a brick paved patio with built-in barbeque and sink. The yard features a winding garden path, which leads from a side yard (perfect for starting a sizeable veggie garden) to a fenced-in compost area, and finally to a large toolshed. Fruit trees line the property and include cherry, plum, apricot, peach, orange, lemon, and apple varieties. Additional garden treats include roses, a shady oak tree, fruitless mulberries, and rosemary.
2740 Filbert is a dream for anyone looking to slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures of life while enjoying access to world-class amenities, sought-after schools, and BART’s network on both sides of the Bay. From the Oak Grove Swim & Tennis Club down the street to the Lesher Center for the Arts, the vibrant community of Walnut Creek awaits you.
See more at: 2740-filbert