Active $995,000 List Price - Single Family Home
260 Euclid is an architecturally rich and stylish 1920’s 4-bedroom home with attached 1-bedroom au-pair unit, bathed in natural light and old-school elegance. Located near Lake Merritt in Oakland’s sought-after Adams Point neighborhood, this beautiful and captivating residence effortlessly embodies the charm and grace of the silent-film era.
As you approach the home, you will instantly fall under the bewitching spell of this entrancing 1920’s gem. Stunning arched full-length windows set the stately tone, while the majestic front porch and wide curving steps, bursting with eye-catching period details including built-in urns, faux eaves, and crenelated walls, warmly welcome you.
Once inside, you will find yourself in the inviting parquet-floored entryway. To your right is the home’s enchanting crown jewel, its spacious living room, which features a tiled wood-burning fireplace, dramatic notched walls, and arched full-length windows with original embellishments and gumwood moldings. The entire room swims in natural light and is enshrouded by greenery, creating a feeling at once nostalgic and serenely timeless.
The glorious formal dining room across the entryway brims with original details that match those of the living room and foyer, including vintage wall coverings, floor detailing, interior and exterior window embellishments, and sconces. With its capacious and welcoming public areas, 260 Euclid is a perfect home for entertaining.
The splendid breakfast room and cheerful quartz-countered kitchen each feature original full-wall built-in cabinets, and a convenient laundry room nestles just behind the kitchen. The house boasts four generous bedrooms, each with its own closet and vintage sconces, and two lovely full baths just off the bedroom hallway.
The delightful downstairs 1 bedroom au-pair unit has its own charming outdoor entrance, full kitchen and bath, and roomy living space.
With its spacious and impeccably preserved common areas, superb vintage detailing, and ample guest quarters, 260 Euclid is a magnificent home ideally suited for both everyday living and entertaining.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Spacious and newly renovated 4-bedroom, 2-bath 1920’s house on a quiet street
• +/-3200 square-foot house on a 7800-square-foot lot
• Attached downstairs 1-bedroom in-law unit with separate entrance
• Conveniently located in the Adams Point neighborhood of Oakland near Lake Merritt, Piedmont, and Grand and Lakeshore Avenue shops and restaurants. Easy access to major freeways and public transportation
• Original architectural detailing and oak hardwood floors throughout
• Bright and airy kitchen featuring quartz countertops and full-wall original built-in hoosier with large pull-out cutting board
• Charming breakfast room off kitchen with original full-wall built-in china and linen cupboard
• Convenient laundry room just off kitchen
• Spacious formal dining room and elegant living room featuring original tiled wood-burning fireplace, beautifully preserved original gumwood moldings and detailing, vintage wall coverings and window embellishments, period wall sconces and chandeliers, built-in cabinets, parquet flooring, and other vintage features
• Dual-zone central heating
• Bedroom closets throughout
• Single-car garage
• Long multi-car driveway and ample street parking
• Enclosed private back garden
• Regal 1920’s front porch with period detailing, built-in urns, and elegant wide curved steps leading up to the front door
• Classic outdoor architectural detailing, including wrought-iron window embellishments, columns surrounding front door, and faux ornamented eaves over front dining-room windows
• Built in 1928
260 Euclid is a stunningly elegant and well-preserved residence from a classic era. Bright and airy, sophisticated yet welcoming, spacious yet intimate, it is not to be missed. We invite you to come explore this delightful home.
See more at: 260-euclid