Sold $1,165,000 Sold Price (List 899K) - Single Family Home
Built in 1928, this split-level gem is brimming with architectural charm, is in near pristine condition, and features 1621 square feet of thoughtfully designed living space (not including family room, laundry area and half bath).
Lovingly maintained and meticulously updated, period details abound as exemplified by the beautiful sunny living room with its tiled wood-burning fireplace with decorative niche, oak and mahogany gleaming hardwood flooring, arched pass-throughs, and gracefully-arched custom picture windows. The theme continues into the spacious formal dining room including an elegant wall of windows: the perfect setting for large holiday dinners.
At the heart of this warm and inviting home is the renovated cook’s kitchen which flows gracefully into the turreted breakfast room through another arched pass-through. The kitchen is thoughtfully designed and features new stainless appliances and hood, Corian countertops with molded under-mount sink, linoleum flooring with tasteful inlay, ample cabinets, spice niche, open shelving, brushed chrome touch-sensitive faucet, storage nook and access to the family room as well as the side and backyards. The sunny breakfast room features a soft bay window, beautiful hardwood floors and a pair of vintage built-in china cupboards.
The attic space has undergone a wondrous conversion into a private, spacious master suite with additional sitting area/home office and a spa-like private bath with a dual vanity, a large soaker tub and a glass-enclosed shower. Two additional good-sized bedrooms and another updated full bath complete the sleeping quarters.
The lower level reveals an open, expansive family room that flows to the large, private back yard with a sunny lawn area and darling covered patio, perfect for outdoor entertaining or a weekend barbeque. A large laundry /sewing/craft area with a half bath completes the lower level.
Here are some of the additional features and upgrades of this magnificent home:
- Dual paned energy-efficient Pella windows throughout; natural wood trims in common rooms
- New carpeting and linoleum
- New roof
- Fresh designer paint
- Designer and recessed lighting
- Coved ceilings
- Period “matchstick” oak flooring with mahogany double Roman key inlays
- Curved art deco-period baseboards and trims
- Upgraded electrical and plumbing
- Upgraded kitchen and baths
- Formal entry/transition space
- One car detached garage
- Prime East End location…quiet, tree-lined street
- In close proximity to Edison Elementary School, Park Street, and Lincoln Park with its public pool
- Earthquake retrofitted
- Improved storage in attic and throughout house
- Partial basement
- Large, private, landscaped backyard with irrigation system, new sod, fruit trees and rose-covered pergola
See more at: http://www.1811cornell.com/