Sold $1,888,888 SOLD (List: 1,795K) - Single Family Home
Situated in the heart of Alameda’s Gold Coast, 1623 Clinton is a majestic 5,555 square foot home sparkling with architectural riches, modern convenience, grand spaces, and a beautiful private backyard garden. Boasting countless gorgeously preserved early-twentieth-century architectural wonders, a spacious vaulted owner’s suite with private terrace, three en-suite bedrooms on one floor, and a downstairs media room and private spa, this is a residence whose floor plan, rich history, and plethora of exquisite surprises make it an extraordinary place to call home.
This home’s character is evident from the moment you step in the front door, as you find yourself in a vast high-ceilinged entryway lined with picture and leaded-glass windows. Continuing into the formal living and dining rooms, you will be immersed in immaculately preserved original details: Stained-glass windows, beamed ceilings, pocket doors, decorative moldings and door frames, inlaid hardwood floors, fireplaces, crystal chandeliers, dark wood paneling and crown moldings, stylized arches, vintage-style wall sconces, and multiple built-in china cupboards await you. The dining-room walls feature stylish art-deco motifs and extraordinary vintage leather wall panels, and the room’s built-in sideboard completes the effect with original leaded-glass doors. This home’s common areas transport you to another era, one brimming with stately elegance.
The home’s upper and lower levels marry grandeur with modern utility, as does its recently remodeled chef’s kitchen, which boasts quartz countertops, subway tile backsplashes, dual built-in Wolf gas ranges, stainless-steel appliances, an industrial hood/venting system, and an adjacent wet bar. Upstairs, you will find two spacious en-suite bedrooms in addition to the palatial owner’s suite, which features dramatic natural wood cathedral ceilings, a sitting area, and a luxuriously grand outdoor terrace spanning the rear width of the house and overlooking the back garden. Skylights grace the upstairs landing and the spa-like owner’s bath, which includes a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and dedicated warming bed. Below the main level, you will discover another spacious bedroom (guest room or au pair?), ample storage, and one of this home’s special secrets: its private spa with hot tub and adjoining large dry sauna room.
Serenely situated on a gorgeous tree-lined street, 1623 Clinton is surrounded by greenery. Its peaceful back garden and patio seamlessly connect to its spacious ground-level family room, which is lined with full-length arched windows looking onto the garden and flooded with natural light. With its sophisticated combination of period style and detailing, luxurious en-suite bedrooms, private spa, and beautiful back garden, 1623 Clinton embodies everything wonderful the Gold Coast has to offer. We warmly invite you to come experience this elegant home.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Spacious and elegant 4BD/5BA early-twentieth-century home on a tranquil tree-lined street
• Conveniently situated in Alameda’s Gold Coast near beautiful beach walks with San Francisco views, Franklin Park, Franklin School, Crown Memorial Beach dog park, wonderful amenities, Transbay Bus, downtown Oakland, the Alameda/San Francisco ferry, I-880, and the Webster Street Tube
• 5,555 square-foot house on a beautifully landscaped 8850 square-foot lot with private back garden
• Immaculately preserved original period features, including stained-glass windows and skylight, beamed ceilings, pocket doors, decorative moldings and door frames, inlaid hardwood floors, fireplaces, crystal chandeliers, dark wood paneling and crown moldings, stylized arches, vintage-style wall sconces, stylish art-deco wall motifs, vintage leather wall panels, and multiple built-in china cupboards
• Luxurious cathedral-ceilinged owner’s suite with spa-like bath including jacuzzi tub, separate shower and dedicated warming bed and vast private terrace overlooking the back garden
• Two additional en-suite bedrooms and one additional downstairs bedroom
• Private spa with hot tub and large dry sauna on lower level
• Formal living and dining rooms and spacious ground-level family room, each with its own fireplace
• Bright and spacious industrial kitchen featuring quartz countertops, subway tile backsplash, dual built-in Wolf gas ranges, stainless-steel appliances, industrial hood/venting system, and adjacent wet bar
• Hardwood floors throughout and Italian marble floors in entryway and ground-level bathroom
• Gold-plated bathroom faucets throughout
• Copper plumbing and 200-amp electrical service
• Multi-zone heating
• Ample hall and bedroom storage
• Detached 2-car garage and additional off-street parking
• Beautifully landscaped private back garden with fruit trees, including plum, persimmon, pear, apple, quince, loquat, and lemon
• New ADT alarm system installed this year
1623 Clinton is a gorgeous period home perfectly situated in Alameda’s Gold Coast. With its peaceful back garden and patio, vintage architectural detailing, spacious en-suite bedrooms, and private spas, 1623 Clinton is a home and a lifestyle not to be missed.
See more at: 1623-clinton