Active $2,495,000 List Price - Single Family Home
1303 Caroline is an awe-inspiring and exquisitely renovated 1890’s 5+BD/6BA home in Alameda’s coveted Gold Coast, featuring flawlessly preserved historic common spaces, a spacious and completely renovated chef’s kitchen, a vast finished downstairs media/entertainment floor, a massive as-yet undeveloped attic space, and myriad functional and stylistic design flourishes. This is a home bursting with elegance and personality, in which no detail has been spared.
Everything about this home captivates you, from its wide horizontal eaves and stately corner facade to the regal way it surveys the surrounding neighborhood. A resplendent semicircular front porch, lined with windows and divided by a door into front and back sections to give privacy to the rear garden, ushers you into this august residence.
On the ground level, a magnificent family of spectacularly grand common rooms linked by wide pocket-doored openings brilliantly creates the feel of an open floor plan. These majestic spaces, which include the palatial entryway, huge formal dining room, and elegant living room and parlor, feature rare striated redwood trim, inlaid floors, crown moldings, original redwood and gumwood trim and wall paneling, a wood-burning fireplace, carved ornamentation, a built-in gumwood storage bench, and original window frames and built-in china cupboards.
The dining room connects by a wide pass-through to the spectacular remodeled dream kitchen. This unique, expertly designed, vast, and visually stunning space features a host of stand-out appliances and design elements, including Calacatta Nuvo caesarstone countertops and chevron subway-tiled backsplashes, an enormous walnut-countered island with additional sink, Thermador Dual Fuel range with griddle, Miele convection-steam oven, Miele and Thermador dishwashers, high-end Waterstone chrome fixtures, stainless-steel sinks, custom display shelves, Dutch doors, concealed Thermador built-in refrigerator, and ample custom-designed cabinet storage that includes oversized drawers and numerous special pull-out components. The ground level also boasts a half bath and an en-suite bedroom with its own beautifully remodeled bath.
This dazzling home delights at every turn. On the basement level, you will find a vast brand-new finished media/entertainment space (or potential future au-pair unit) with beverage area, storage room, half bath, and state-of-the-art laundry room. This space offers endless possibilities.
The top floor boasts four beautiful bedrooms, including the sumptuous owner’s suite. In keeping with the home’s exceptionally high level of attention to detail, this luxurious space even has its own mini refrigerator and coffee bar. With two custom-designed walk-in closets with built-in laundry baskets, a spa-like bath with rain and steam showers, and its own washer-dryer, the suite also features a huge semi-circular private outdoor terrace. The upstairs hallway has a convenient laundry chute, and two of the bedrooms connect via their spacious shared closet. A massive as-yet undeveloped attic space is easily accessed off the upstairs hallway. This home abounds in practical and aesthetic flourishes.
In addition to its phenomenal indoor spaces, 1303 Caroline boasts a private back garden area with new pergola and natural-gas fire pit and a detached two-car garage. Beautifully situated on a tranquil tree-lined street and brimming with grandeur and elegance, this sumptuous home offers an extraordinary lifestyle for you to call your own.
Highlights at a Glance:
• Exquisitely renovated 5,719 square-foot 5+BD/6BA residence on a beautiful 7,500 square-foot corner lot, expanded to include a full finished basement level. All work done with permits and to code
• Palatial entryway, huge formal dining room, and elegant living room and parlor linked by pocket doors and featuring rare striated redwood trim, inlaid floors, crown moldings, original redwood and gumwood trim and wall paneling, a wood-burning fireplace, carved ornamentation, a built-in gumwood storage bench, and original window frames and built-in china cupboards
• Stunning remodeled chef’s kitchen boasting Calacatta Nuvo caesarstone countertops and chevron subway-tiled backsplashes, an enormous walnut-countered butcher-block island with additional sink and toe-kick LED lighting, high-end Waterstone chrome fixtures, two stainless-steel sinks with garbage disposals, custom display shelves, ceiling pre-wiring for 2 speakers with volume control, under-cabinet LED lighting, insta-hot and filtered water, Dutch doors, and custom hardwood floor that matches the rest of the house
• High-end kitchen appliances include: Thermador Dual Fuel range with griddle, Miele convection-steam oven, Miele and Thermador dishwashers, and concealed Thermador refrigerator columns with filtered ice
• Kitchen is overflowing with custom-designed cabinet storage that includes full-extension drawers, custom pot and lid drawer, oversized drawers, swing-out pantry shelving, divided drawers, peg drawers, swing-out corner storage, pull-out baskets, open shelving, and tray storage cabinets
• Sumptuous owner’s suite with mini refrigerator and coffee bar, two custom-designed walk-in closets, washer-dryer, LED accent lighting pre-wire, and huge semi-circular private outdoor terrace
• Spa-like owner’s bath with custom cabinetry, Calacatta Nuvo Ceasarstone countertops, Restoration Hardware cabinet pulls, steam shower, triple shower heads, smart toilet, heated floors, hot water recirculating pump, and custom illuminated mirrors
• Four additional bedrooms, including an en-suite bedroom at the ground level
• Centrally located laundry chute in bedroom hallway and closet
• Hot water recirculating pumps with timers in all upstairs bathrooms
• Massive as-yet undeveloped walk-up attic space, perfect for storage or potential future living space (please consult with the City of Alameda)
• Private back garden area with Trex deck, ample dining area, custom concrete hardscape, new grass, new redwood fencing, new pergola (with gas and electrical and water conduit), and natural-gas fire pit
• Multi-zone heating, including radiant floor heat in kitchen, dining room, laundry room, entertainment/media area, and owner’s suite; digital temperature-controlled floor heating in owner’s bath and upstairs en-suite bath; and completely refurbished, thermostatically controlled radiators
• All new plumbing throughout from the water main to the city sewer (with the exception of one 18′ section updated in the late 1990’s)
• New wiring throughout with an electrical subpanel on every floor
• LED lighting throughout; front steps pre-wired for LED; prewiring for LED above kitchen cabinets
• Sanded, re-stained, and refinished hardwood floors throughout
• All lathe and plaster removed and replaced with drywall
• All exterior walls newly insulated
• Majority of window and door hardware refurbished
• All double hung windows disassembled, cleaned, re-roped, properly weighted, and reassembled to properly function.
• Dining-room glass display cabinets are pre-wired for LED lighting
• Wiring for 15 in-ceiling speakers throughout basement and main floor, including living room, entryway, dining room, kitchen and porches
• Every room and bedroom is pre-wired for ceiling fans or chandeliers with heavy-duty mounting boxes, including entry to owner’s suite
• Detached two-car garage with room to spare, ample street parking, and drive-through gate to rear garden with single door on each side
• Custom gate/door with code access
• Pre-wired with Cat6 cabling for 7 cameras at all critical entrance/exit points
• Conveniently situated in the Alameda’s Gold Coast near downtown Oakland, the Alameda/San Francisco ferry, I-880, and the Webster Street Tube
• Built in 1890
• Completely remodeled with permits and to code
• Vast brand-new finished basement area (or potential future au-pair unit) with huge entertainment room, home-theatre room, storage room, and laundry room
• Entertainment area includes wine fridge, additional beverage fridge, custom cabinets, hammered stainless-steel sink, and ejection pump
• Ample laundry room/ state-of-the-art mechanical room (could be used as child’s arts-and-crafts space)
• Half bath
• Radiant Heat in laundry and entertainment rooms
• Seismic retrofit with sheer wall
• New concrete slab with reinforced steel
• Excavated down 9″ to accommodate ample head room.
• Removed soil; installed French drains, sump pumps, and ejector pumps
• Combo boiler/hot water heater with solar option; supplies hot water and thermostatically controlled radiant heat throughout house via floors and radiator
• Ventilated audiovisual room with conduits to wall-mount TV locations; pre-wired for in-ceiling, volume-controlled speakers throughout all entertaining spaces, including porches; pre-wired for Cat6 cable for 2 wireless routers; pre-wired for surround sound in theatre room including 3 front, 2 rear, and subwoofer speaker.
1303 Caroline is stunning and exquisitely renovated home full of spectacular touches and personality. Beautifully situated and offering easy access to all the Bay Area has to offer, this phenomenal property is ready to be yours. We warmly invite you to come explore this beautiful home.
See more at: 1303-caroline