Sold $1,100,000 SOLD (List: 799K) - Single Family Home
1101 Miller is a captivating 1930’s 2+BD/1BA mid-century home featuring gorgeous Bay views, a spacious private leveled-out back yard with patio and garden, and oodles of retro charm. This lovely residence, on a quiet street near scenic Tilden Park, seamlessly mingles thoughtful design details both vintage and modern, from the beautifully remodeled eat-in kitchen to the old-timey wood-burning fireplace. This delightful residence brims with beguiling touches.
Even before you enter the home, the front steps and landing introduce you to the stylishly functional character of this house; the steps are glass-walled, allowing you to peel off your shoes before entering. Once inside, you will glimpse the Bay through the wide and welcoming front windows. The perfectly proportioned entryway easily accommodates a desk or rocking chair. An elegant period wood-burning fireplace flanked by built-in shelving anchors the living room ahead of you.
French doors open from the living room directly into the enclosed private back garden oasis. A large patio, ideal for outdoor dining, ping-pong, or an afternoon barbecue, adjoins the wide lawn area, a wonderful setting for children to play. To the rear of the lawn and patio, you will find a lovely curved wall backed by a lushly landscaped, gently sloping garden.
The bedroom and kitchen areas frame the living room. The two convenient bedrooms and the serene blue-tiled, vintage-style bathroom each offers built-in storage in addition to the two useful bedroom hall closets. The expertly designed eat-in kitchen features a cheerful breakfast nook at one end and a beautifully remodeled cooking area at the other. With a Bosch gas range and dishwasher, quartz countertops, counter-to-ceiling cabinets, and an adorable chalkboard-painted Dutch door leading to the pantry and downstairs bonus room, the kitchen has it all. The well-situated and versatile downstairs space would make a perfect play area or guest room.
1101 Miller offers enchanting outdoor spaces, Bay views, period charms, and modern practicality, all within a block of the AC Transit bus to Downtown Berkeley BART and just minutes from spectacular Tilden Park. This superbly updated vintage gem is not to be missed.
Highlights at a Glance:
• 2+BD/1BA mid-century house on a tranquil street with Bay views
• Ideally situated in the Berkeley Hills near Tilden Park and AC Transit bus to Downtown Berkeley
• 1214 square-foot house on a lushly landscaped 5340 square-foot lot
• Beautifully preserved wood-burning fireplace, built-in shelving, and original architectural detailing
• Bright and airy eat-in kitchen featuring Bosch gas range and dishwasher, retro-style subway tile, quartz countertops, extra pantry storage, and adorable chalkboard-painted Dutch door to downstairs bonus space
• Enclosed private terraced backyard featuring spacious lawn, covered outdoor living-room patio, and lush landscaping
• Downstairs bonus space off kitchen, perfect for a playroom or guest room
• Charming vintage-style tiled bathroom with built-in storage
• Living-room wood-burning fireplace
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Bedroom and hall closets throughout
• Central heating with new furnace
• Dual-paned windows (installed 2013)
• Tankless hot water heater
• Upgraded electrical; wired for cable and sound
• Attached single-car garage and street parking
• Glass-walled outdoor steps leading to front entry
• Built in 1939
1101 Miller is an adorable 1930’s home bursting with period charm and delightfully stylish retro details. With its spacious patio and yard, beautiful views, and close proximity to Tilden Park, it embodies the very best the East Bay has to offer. We warmly invite you to come explore this delightful home.
See more at: 1101-miller